Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9, 2011

Sorry I haven't posted in so long! It has been pretty crazy around here.
After finishing up my duties at Tata Naka on Wednesday, the rest of the week seemed to fly right past me! This past Friday Ashley, Natalie, and I went to the Pompidou Center. They were having an exhibit on Edward Munch (he is most famous for "The Scream"). These are some pictures of the view from the top of the building, art in the exhibit, the building itself, and THEN a delicious breakfast/lunch at a restaurant called "Breakfast In America". All I have to say is "Chili cheese fries" people....chili...cheese...fries. So these pictures are all backwards, but hope you love them anyways! Cheers!
This was a cape. Made out of rubber. With faces on it. So so so creepy. I snapped this shot as he was walking by the museum. It was just too weird not to capture!
The outside of the Pompidou center. All the red things on the outside of the building are escalators that take you up and down the levels. You can see the whole of Paris from the top (see pictures at bottom of post).
Giant mushroom in the modern art exhibit.
Silver chair. It looked like tin foil.
These chairs were held together with resin that had been melted down and hardened.
Filled with foam, these chairs look so comfortable. We have a huge red white and blue bag at home that look like these!
Perfect solution to those beautiful chairs that you just want to fix!
At first I thought this was just one piece, but it's a chair and desk. Sleak, no?
These pictures were all from the modern art exhibit.
This was a piece done by an interior designer and architect. It is wool fabric over foam. It is supposed to be a couch or seating area. If it were me, I would put this in my children's play room. It just made you want to jump on it!
Natalie had to have a picture by the wall. The color was fantastic! Especially with her red pants.
All you see here is embroidered. This picture and the two above it. The canvas was HUGE. I really can't portray how big it was here. So intricate and well detailed, it just blew my mind.
This piece was made up of tiny pieces of metal from cans and the tops of bottles.
This and the paintings above it were from the Edward Munch exhibit. He was the artist who did "The Scream". Reading, seeing, and learning about his life was fascinating.
Ashley and I at the top of the Pompidou Center.
Natalie and I at the top of the Pompidou Center.
Eiffel Tower from the top of the Pompidou Center.
Sacre Coeur from the top. It was incredible how far you could see!
Pardon the rain drops, the view from the top of the Pompidou Center.
Mont Martre and Sacre Coeur.
Best. Pancake. Ever. Thank heavens for the Breakfast in America restaurant. It was so delicious.
Chili cheese fries. I don't need to say much more.


Love,
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment