We all have either been working in showrooms across the city or dressing models and hosting shows.
I helped dress for the Rick Owens show and the Manish Arora show (if you don't know them, look them up and get to know them. Fabulous I tell you)
Instead of getting to watch the Gareth Pugh (who has dressed Lady Gaga) show, I got to watch it with some other girls. If you don't know it, fashion shows kind of run on YL time (or roughly 10-30 min behind schedule0. Jordan, Jessinta, and I at the Gareth Pugh show all took bets on when it would start and Jessinta won!
Dr. Ellis asked us all if anyone would be interested in interning in the showroom of Tata Naka. This design label was started by twins from Georgia, Tamara and Natasha. Pleeeeease please please go look at their clothes for Spring/Summer 2012. They are so beautiful, and the girls are so nice. It has been a privilege to work in their showroom dressing the model and helping sort buyer's choices. My favorite part has been getting to see the clothes up close and personally. I love getting to know collections as a whole. Also, learning the intricate details of buying, the ins-and-outs, proper etiquette, all of these things have been very valuable.
On another note, I have a camera charger! Sweet Brittany is letting me borrow hers so I will be able to show you all pictures of some of the clothes, and hopefully Tata and Naka tomorrow!
Love,
gigi
No comments:
Post a Comment