Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 2, 2010

Before class this morning with Agnes, we had a special presentation with a young designer who came and talked to us about the Who’s Next and Pret a Porter shows we will be going to on Monday. His name was Xavier Bisoux and he not only has his own line but he designs for Anne Valerie Hash as well. He was so cool (and surprisingly down to earth and kind). Everything he told us was so practical but may not have been something I would have thought of. He talked a lot about how designers, buyers, and press act at the different fairs (which is what Who’s Next and Pret a Porter are) and how we as students should act. Also he gave us a lot of inside information on the fashion business in Paris and around the world.

After his presentation we had a short break before History of costume with Agnes. Bani and I went to the patisserie across the street from PAA and got “une orangina et un pain au chocolate” which is like a chocolate croissant. Can I just say yum? It was such a good mid-morning snack. I can’t wait to enjoy this food for three whole months!

I don’t think it has really hit me that we are going to be here so long. I keep having the feeling of “if we don’t do it now we may never get to do it!” but then I remember we have until December, and it is ok.

After history of costume (which was two grueling hours) a few of us came back to the apartments because we don’t have visual merchandising and most of the other girls do. I plan on taking a short nap before getting ready for this afternoon and evening. We are free on Saturday and so a bunch of us hoprfully will get to go to Mont Martre and Sacre Coeur and look and wander around.

Once I got back to the apartment, I ate a small lunch and then passed out and took a nap. The other girls came back around 330 and we started getting ready to go to Monoprix, which is kind of like Target. There are groceries, clothes, toiletries, and small odds and ends. We got groceries for the week and then headed back to the apartment. Talisha, Amber, and I cooked dinner for the first time in our apartment. We had turkey a la king, and it was pretty good!

After dinner we were all tired so we just hung out for a little bit and did dishes and cleaned the apartment. Claire and Jordan stopped by and asked us if we wanted to go to the hookah bar with them that they had found earlier today. We decided that since it was Friday we should go out! It was very close to our apartment, and the people there were very patient with our broken French and semi-loudness. It was still fairly early when we left, so we wandered around the city for a while and just enjoyed the city.

Jordan and I sat outside our apartment when we got back and enjoyed a glass of wine and good conversation. Things like that are what I have enjoyed most about this trip so far, good conversation and relaxing in the most beautiful city! It makes me a little bit homesick for my Raleigh family, but I know that God has made it possible for me to be here, and I can’t wait to see what is in store!

It was a long day, and by the time we got back it was almost 2AM! I am so excited to see what the next few days have in store for us!

A tout a l’heur

No comments:

Post a Comment