September 3, 2011
Today was Saturday and we had all day to ourselves fre
e! It was marvelous. We all started off the day by sleeping in, it was so nice to get a day to relax. By about 1230 we were all ready to go, so Talisha, Amber, Shelby, Bani, Clair, Kelsey, Jordan, and I set off for Monte Martre and Sacre Coeur. This is the highest place in the city, and it is completely gorgeous. The walk up the steps was NOT as bad as I thought it was going to be, in fact, even though it was hot, it wasn’t miserable.
Once we all reached the top there was a man selling water and we all bought some. We were parched! All of the views were breath taking!
Here is one!
Sacre Coeur, which means “Sacred Heart” in English, is a beautiful church on the top of Monte Martre. I had been in before, so Bani and I sat outside (in the shade thankfully) while the other girls went in and looked around.

This is Sacre Couer from the bottom of the steps


I really can’t say enough how much I have already fallen in love with the city. All of the architecture is so beautiful. Everywhere I turn I feel like I want to take a picture because of how beautiful it is!
After the rest of the girls were done in the church we were so hungry. Bani knew of this square where a lot of restaurants have outdoor seating so we went and tried it out. The restaurant we chose was called “La Mere Catherine” which means “The Mother Catherine”. It was so delicious! I got “Raviolis au Fromage” (cheese ravioli). Shelby didn’t like her avocado on her salad and I was not about to let that go to waste.

Myself, Amber, and Talisha


Claire, Shelby, and Bani

Doesn’t it look delicious? The cheese was so creamy! I’m getting hungry just looking at it again!
After lunch we wandered and got lost (in the good sense of the word) in Monte Martre. Bani is our expert at the metro, and so she eventually led us to a subway station. On our way down to the station we found this really neat second hand shop and I bought a skirt and a scarf! They are so beautiful!
We got back on the metro and made our way to the Moulin Rouge! Such a landmark. We want to get tickets one day for the show. I’m not sure how scandalous it will be though! We’ll see.

C’est Moi! J’adore cette ville!
This stop was more like a short rest break. We had been walking for a while! As soon as everyone felt somewhat rested, we got back on the metro and headed to the mall. There were so many people! It is the last Saturday before everyone heads back to school, so everyone was taking advantage of it. Even with the crowds it was fun to see stores that we don’t have, but also some we do (like H+M). My goal was to find a black blazer, but I was unsuccessful. Maybe Monday? We are starting to work fashion shows, and so that will definitely be something I need.

All of us resting at the Moulin Rouge
A few of the girls got really tired so we decided to split up for dinner. They went home and the rest of us stayed and shopped, then had dinner at Quick. It is kind of like McDonalds but nicer, and with less choices. Bani and I got the chicken club, but it wasn’t like ours at all. I wish I had taken a picture! It was so good.

Bani and Shelby at Quick (you can kind of see the chicken sandwich in front of Bani)
After dinner it started raining so we decided to head on home and hung out all together in the 7th floor apartment. The Eiffle Tower sparkles every hour on the hour and it is so much fun to see it from their window!

This was the storm we tried to outrun #sodidn’twork
Whew! It was a long day! I will do my best to keep you up to date and posted
Love,
Gigi
No comments:
Post a Comment