Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 14-18th

LONDON CALLING

And you better BELIEVE I answered that one!
I fell in total and complete love with the city.
The atmosphere.
The people.
The fashion.
The art.
The history.
The Dover Street Market.
The everything.

It was just completely incredible. We had a woman named Wendy lead us around and she was phenomenal to say the VERY least. She was so amazing. Funny. Eccentric. Outgoing. Warm. She went above and beyond. Wendy sometimes works for TrendUnion and works on projects for them, but she is also a freelance journalist, styles bands, and does a bunch of this and that.

We took the EuroStar (bullet train/chunnel) and got to London in about two and a half hours.

It wasn't a bad trip at all. We were all so excited for the accents and ENGLISH. As much as I love the French language, even I was excited to be able to get around, order, and converse with people on the street in my own language.

The majority of our time and educational excursions were based on visual merchandising and what is new and happening in the world. We went to so many stores and looked in so many windows. It was incredible! I absolutely loved just walking in and out of stores, looking at displays, incredible windows, all of it! Instead of giving you a play-by-play, I thought I'd give you a list of the stores that we went to intermixed with other fabulous things that happened. Go ahead, call me lazy, I know I am the queen of bullet pointed lists. Or numbered lists, you can ask Hannah Dawson about those!

  1. Harrod's
  2. Harvey Nichols
  3. Selfridges (fave)
  4. Liberty
  5. Dover Street Market (maxwell, aggressive dance moves, writing alone, beanie, icey blue and warm eyes, nerves, chris, clash magazine, comme de garcon 88 pound shirts, there is so so much more about this store that I can't even begin to explain)
  6. MY BIRTHDAY we had Japanese for dinner
  7. Tiger Tiger club after dinner for dancing and a delicious margarita!
  8. Hyde Park (peter pan, diana memorial, horses, beautiful weather, sunny, warm, plenty of cute dogs, swans, lake, so much more)
  9. I am moving to London. #asap
  10. The awesome lady who did Jordan's makeup at YSL. She was so inspiring and cool. She was so helpful and gave us a few things to do on our free day.
  11. Mastering the Tube after one day. If only the metro was as easy as that!
  12. "Power of Making" exhibit at the V+A museum. LOOK THAT ISH UP RIGHT NOW it was awe inspiring and breath-taking
I think that's it for now, I don't want to overload you. If I remember anything else, I will most definitely do another London post. Don't get your hopes up. I can guarantee it won't be poetic or anything, and I would bet all the money I have in the world it will be a list! Haha, hope you guys are enjoying keeping up with me!

love,
gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment